-   -   Renamed EditBoxes keep reverting to their old names in UserForm (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/337269-renamed-editboxes-keep-reverting-their-old-names-userform.html)

Peter Rooney

Renamed EditBoxes keep reverting to their old names in UserForm

I have a userForm containing 7 edit boxes, and OK button and a Cancel button.

I wanted to rename two of them, but every time I run the user form, these
two revert to their old names.
I've renamed them repeatedly and even deleted them and recreated them with
the new names I want (but with no success). A text box repeatedly returns to
its old value, too.

As this is my first foray into user forms since Excel 5 (!), can anyone
advise me as to where I might be going wrong? Do I need to save the changes
to the form in some way?

Might I have an old version of the form in memory? Is the a quick way that I
can use to unload any forms that might be in memory before loading the one I
want to work with?

All these questions and more!

Thanks in advance

Pete

Tom Ogilvy

Renamed EditBoxes keep reverting to their old names in UserForm

If you make the changes manually and save the workbook where the form is
stored, then it should save your changes.

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
[...]

Tom,

It wasn't having it.

I created a new form, renamed the offending edit boxes and copied them to
the new form.

It's OK now, but I think I could do with something to unload all loaded
userforms before I load the form i want to use. Can you help me with this,
please?

Cheers

Pete

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

[...]