Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell with Dynamic Multiple choice pop up

I need to give the user a choice of price based on the nature of the
item number.

Let us say I have the following price list
Item/price
1101/$.8
1199/$.7
2203/$.6
2299/$.8

Order list
item/qty/price
1101 'this will be straight lookup
xx99 'this will need multiple choice
2203 'this will be straight lookup

If the user punch a quantity for item xx99 a pop up comes up giving the
choice between 1199 and 2299 ( 11 and 22 are different suppliers for
the same item 99)

The rule is: in the order list (template) I will have multiple priced
items to be xxyy i.e. it is ALWAYS XX but yy is the different multiple
priced items.

I can later extend the price list to include

item/price
2288/$.9
3488/$.8

This addition is for an item that has mutiple prices
and the order template will include
item/qty/price
xx88 ' the order list will have "XX" as the two left characters

This will indicate a "dynamic" popup based on the current price list
I am not sure how to do that..

Your help for a "simple" VBA code will be appreciated

Tom helped me with event/combobox solution but it too advanced