Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Simple for you hard for me (newbie alert)

Sorry if this is simple for you I am new to programming in Excel.

=AND(*Cell*0.799999,MOD(ROW(),2)<0)

I have been using a formula simular to the one above...

I want to have alternating background colors and if the number is equal
to or over 80% I want the text to turn red.

How can I do this?

I have figured out how to use "=MOD(ROW(),2)<0)" and
=Cell is 0.799999

but I want to combine them.

Thanks for your help,
Nathan

--
NathanS
NathanS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26288

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use conditional formatting command from the Format Menu Item. You can
specify the threshold and determine the text color from there.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"NathanS" wrote in
message ...

Sorry if this is simple for you I am new to programming in Excel.

=AND(*Cell*0.799999,MOD(ROW(),2)<0)

I have been using a formula simular to the one above...

I want to have alternating background colors and if the number is equal
to or over 80% I want the text to turn red.

How can I do this?

I have figured out how to use "=MOD(ROW(),2)<0)" and
=Cell is 0.799999

but I want to combine them.

Thanks for your help,
Nathan

--
NathanS
NathanS's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395718

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows for some instruction on
colour banding.

--

HTH

RP

"Nigel" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know how to make alternating color backgrounds........ my problem is I
was wantnig to combine things...

1. 70%
2. 75%
3. 81%
4. 83%
5. 73%
6. 89%

I want background to be grey lines 2,4,6

I want the foreground (text color) to be *Black * and on lines 3,4,6 to
be *Red*

--
NathanS
NathanS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26288