Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Queries from web sites that require login

I would like to run a query in Excel that gets data from a website
table, that requires the user to be logged in to the site first.

At the moment, I get around this by right clicking on the cell that
"contains" the web query to edit the query. A window pops up that
allows me to 'edit' the table downloaded by the query. I use this
window to login to the website and navigate to the correct page on the
site. Once on the correct page at the site, I click "cancel" on the
edit web query window to close it. I can now run the web query from the
page using VBA scripts to do so.

Is there any way I can get Excel to send the relevant login and password
information to the site before running the query?

Or is there a better way to achieve my goal?

Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
have the same problem and cant get any further. My web query is
complete (in VBA) but the problem is that i dont get the user+pass
passed on to the site so my return in excel is "email, user, forgotten
your password.." instead of "real data" :(

Any help very much appreciated.

Thx
ice

--