Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sort Datas by 4 columns, Day, Hr, Min, Sec

Hi,
I have datas that consists of the date and time but the problem is that the
date and time are segregated in 4 columns, day, Hour, Min and Sec.

By using the normal sorting function or macro writings, I am only able to
sort by 3 columns.

Is there any scripts or any ways that I can sort by the 4 columns??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel sort is persistent, that is if you sort the lowest 'groug' first then
the second 'group' then the third 'group' etc....
each group comprises the three sort levels within Excel.

so sort group 1
level 1: hr, level 2: min, level 3: sec

then sort group 2
level 1: day only

--
Cheers
Nigel

"ddiicc" wrote in message
I have datas that consists of the date and time but the problem is that

the
date and time are segregated in 4 columns, day, Hour, Min and Sec.

By using the normal sorting function or macro writings, I am only able to
sort by 3 columns.

Is there any scripts or any ways that I can sort by the 4 columns??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using a 5th (helper) column with (assuming your dates are in A1 to D1)

=text(A1,"00")&text(B1,"00")&text(C1,"00")&text(D1 ,"00")

Formula-drag that down the column to the end of your data, and sort
over that column

ddiicc Wrote:
Hi,
I have datas that consists of the date and time but the problem is that
the
date and time are segregated in 4 columns, day, Hour, Min and Sec.

By using the normal sorting function or macro writings, I am only able
sort by 3 columns.

Is there any scripts or any ways that I can sort by the 4 columns??

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395625