Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving VBA Code

Hello,
For some reason, I can no longer save changes to my code when it is in a
..xla file. I can if it is in a .xls file. Any ideas on what happened?

Best Regards,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bill,

In the VBE, select the addin project's ThisWorkbook module, open the
properties window (F4) and change the IsAddin property to False. Make any
changes to the code, or the now visible workbook. Reset the IsAddin property
and save the addin.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hello,
For some reason, I can no longer save changes to my code when it is in a
.xla file. I can if it is in a .xls file. Any ideas on what happened?

Best Regards,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I save changes to an .xla file by clicking the Save icon (looks like green
floppy) on the VBE Standard toolbar. If the .xla was opened as an Add-In
then, when you close the original .xls, it saves changes only to the .xls
file including code modules directly associated with the .xls file. It does
not save changes to .xla code modules. I'm not aware it was ever any
different.

Regards,
Greg

"Bill" wrote:

Hello,
For some reason, I can no longer save changes to my code when it is in a
..xla file. I can if it is in a .xls file. Any ideas on what happened?

Best Regards,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I ran into this once when the addin was self loading into the library. Then
the version I was typically looking at in VBE was not the same as the library
version.
removing the library code fixed it.

Makes you crazy in the mean time...good luck!

"Bill" wrote:

Hello,
For some reason, I can no longer save changes to my code when it is in a
..xla file. I can if it is in a .xls file. Any ideas on what happened?

Best Regards,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim.

Easier just to save it from the VBE and not muck around with IsAddin<g.

Agreed .

Thank you.

---
Regards,