Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VLOOKUP in another workbook/Access database

First of all, forgive me if this has been covered before. But I can't seem
to find a doable solution for me. Here's my problem:

I have a form that uses VLOOKUP to access data another sheet in the same
workbook. The problem is that the whole workbook is almost 11mb!!
I want to be able to make the user-input part be separate from all of my
data sources, thereby freeing valuable resources (i.e., I need to have 1 form
accessing 3-4 external sources).
Any help out there?
Thanks in advance.
Chris.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After you set up the link, then close book2. Then look at the link again
and you can mimic that directly if you wish.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris Carr" wrote in message
Anyway to do it with Book 2 closed?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

=vlookup(A1,[Book2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$Z$200,2,false)

Book2 should be open.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris Carr" <Chris wrote in message
First of all, forgive me if this has been covered before. But I can't

seem
to find a doable solution for me. Here's my problem:

I have a form that uses VLOOKUP to access data another sheet in the

same
workbook. The problem is that the whole workbook is almost 11mb!!
I want to be able to make the user-input part be separate from all of

my
data sources, thereby freeing valuable resources (i.e., I need to have

1
form
accessing 3-4 external sources).
Any help out there?
Thanks in advance.
Chris.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply's Tom. However, I think what I'm looking for may be
too much for Excel. The database I'm pulling from (i.e., VLOOKUP to) has 15
columns and close to 34,000 rows!
Any other ideas are appreciated. But I think I'm going to have to learn
Access (unfortunately!).
Thanks again,
Chris.