Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to insert row.

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any help you are
able to offer.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming the data is all in column A and starts in cell A2 and there are no
blanks in the data:

Sub InsertRows()
Dim i As Long
i = 2
Do Until Trim(Cells(i, 1)) = ""
If Cells(i, 1) = "991CX" Then
Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Insert
i = i + 2
Else
i = i + 1
End If
Loop

Greg

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way is like this:

Sub InsRow()
With Range("A10")
If .Value = "991CX" Then
.EntireRow.Insert
End If
End With
End Sub

otherwise:

Sub InsRow()
If Cells(10, 1).Value = "991CX" Then
Cells(10, 1).EntireRow.Insert

Hope this helps
Rowan

Hope this helps
Rowan

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The value 991CX will not always be in a10. It will always be in column A.
Just not always row 10. I am looking for something that will search col. A
for 991CX, when found, insert a blank row above it. Sorry for the confusion
guys.

Steve

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Greg,

I particularly like your code - it gets around the mess that usually hangs
up a loop when you step down the rows and do some inserting along the way.

I'm used to starting at the bottom and working up...
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific
spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to
have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any help
you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

Greg's code should work if any cell in column A contains (only) 991CX
If there is more in the cell, than it won't work.

Have you tried testing the code using the F8 key and stepping through it.
Set up a dummy sheet with some cells in column A = 991CX and see what
happens.
(you only need a few rows).

See if you can locate an error or something and get back to us.

Sub InsertRows()
Dim i As Long
i = 2
Do Until Trim(Cells(i, 1)) = ""
If Cells(i, 1) = "991CX" Then
Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Insert
i = i + 2
Else
i = i + 1
End If
Loop

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific
spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to
have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any
help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I apologize guys. I am not trying to be a pain. Column A only has Certian
Aircraft tail numbers in it. Column B:G is set up with different sets of
information. I am not sure why. But i can't get this to run.

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific
spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like to
have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any
help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

No need to apologize! We just aren't sure of what is happening.

Open a new work book

Copy a few rows ( 4 to 10) from your main workbook into Sheet1 or the new
workbook.
Make sure at least one row in column A has 991CX
Put this code in a module and run it - you should get a message
for each row.

Tell us what happens...

Sub CheckRows()
Dim i As Long
i = 2
Do Until Trim(Cells(i, 1)) = ""
If Cells(i, 1) = "991CX" Then
Msgbox Cells(i, 1).Text & " " Cells(i,1).address
Else
Msgbox Cells(i,1).address & " contains " & cells(i,1).Text & ".end
of text"
End If
i = i + 1

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at specific
spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would like
have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for any
help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

My bad - left out an "&"
Also checked it out to see if it would run - and it did.
Also removed all tabs and excessive spaces to make copy & paste better....

Now try it out... And get back to us....

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at
specific
spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i would
like
have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance for
any
help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

Let's do this the hard way -
send a copy of your workbook or worksheet to my email
and I'll work with it until it works....

--

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to set up a macro to insert a blank row at
specific
spots in a
worksheet. For example, if cell a10 contains 991CX, i
would
like
have a
blank row inserted directly above it. Thanks in advance
for
any
help you are
able to offer.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

I already sent you an email.

But for anyone following this thread - the problem was empty cells in Column
A.
The previous code had a loop that was designed to end when it reached a
blank cell, so... it hit
a blank cell on the 3rd row and stopped.

I changed the code to find the last used row in column A and used a For ....
Next loop
starting at the last row and using a step or -1.

Now it works....