Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Explorer - multiple copies of Excel open

A few weeks back I agreed to work on someone else's workbook. This book had
some code that may have altered my registry.

Now when I try to open a workbook from Explorer, from an email, or from a
zip file - a second copy of Excel opens and the file choosen errors with a
message that the file couldn't be found. I am forced to save the file to a
folder and than open it from within Excel.

Also - The VBE icon is not showing on my Start bar.

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this, and possibly offer a fix...

Thanks in advance!

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In tools=Options, general tab, do you have Ignore Other Applications
checked. If so, uncheck it.

another thing is to reregister excel

in windows start menu, choose run, then type in

Excel.exe /regserver

and click OK.

Tom Ogilvy

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
A few weeks back I agreed to work on someone else's workbook. This book

had
some code that may have altered my registry.

Now when I try to open a workbook from Explorer, from an email, or from a
zip file - a second copy of Excel opens and the file choosen errors with a
message that the file couldn't be found. I am forced to save the file to

folder and than open it from within Excel.

Also - The VBE icon is not showing on my Start bar.

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this, and possibly offer a fix...

Thanks in advance!

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond