Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run Access Action Queries from Excel?

I've done this before, but I can't find any of my old examples for
reference. I would like to execute an action query in Access from Excel
using a VBA macro
1. The Excel spreadsheet has a range defined as a linked table into the
Access app.
2. And there are two append queries in Access that will append data from
the linked range periodically to a physical table in Access.
2. And, what I would like to so is, from within Excel, without having
Access up and running, connect to the database, execute the query, and close
the database as needed.

What might be a good way to approach? Thanks in advance. Larry.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

* create a database,
* create a table
* insert records
* select records,
* update records,
* delete records,
* delete a table,
* delete a database.

DAO and ADO files available.

You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

The code is open and commented.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com