Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combine cell value (alpha) with number for cell address

G BBH
H EEM (='Mut Fnd Trust'!H$1 ) letters are in column a "c" . I would like to
I IJJ use the cell reference "C2" & 1
for the h$1 i
J RWR in the formula so that if I change
the value
in C2 from "H" to
"J" then the formula would
refer to "J1" in
sheet 'MutFnd Trust".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you're looking for the Indirect worksheet funtion. If you put this
formula in, for example, cell A1 and then change the value in cell C2 from
"H" to "J", then cell A1 will display th value in cell J1 instead of H1:
=Indirect(C2 & "1")

Regards,
Greg