Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Showing image from internet on userform

Hello,

in an Excel VBA program, I'd like to download a couple of images
(address determined on runtime) from the internet and have them
displayed on my userform.

I would like _not_ to download the image and export to disk it as a
file, but rather:
1) either copy it to the clipboard
2) or insert it on my Excel sheet

Is it possible to do this, perhaps with some API function?

- I saw 2 postings on this group (dating back to 2000 / 2003, resp.)
written by Tom Ogilvy and Stratos Malasiotis. They suggest using API
functions for saving a website image directly to disk (and the functions
work for me), but I would like to have the images copied to the clipboard.

Thank you for your suggestions / ideas!
Jens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim Williams schrieb:
with ActiveSheet.Pictures
.Insert("http://www.google.com/intl/en/images/logo.gif")
end with

Tim,

thanks a lot for your reply!

However, a possibility to show the image on the userform without the
need of first inserting it on the worksheet, would be great!

What I mean is directly load the image to the image-control or directly
load it into the clipboard.

Jens