Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cells beginning with an alphabet

I tried your suggestion. I have created a combo box

list fill range is a range of 853 cells
match entry 0-fm match entry first letter
dragbehaviour-drabbutton enabled
for the present i kept the linkcell as blank

it is true if I type A in the combo box the first entry beginning with A
comes
as I go on pressing A all the names of A are coming replacing the earlier
one. . I can stop when my "name" comes and drag it to a cell

But i would like to have all the "names" with A should come into the combo
box so that I can select among them to drag and drop. similarly for B etc.
If I succed I can use linkcell and also create a vba that each selected name
comes into different cell.s

I request you to give me a further hint or two. It is always a pleasure and
an education to slog and find on one's own the answer with the help of the
hints from experts.

thanks and regards.
R.VENKATARAMAN wrote in message news:...
thank you . I shall try

Bob Phillips wrote in message
A combobox does this. Use the one from the control toolbox.

--

HTH

RP

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
I am sorry I tried through newsgroups search I could not get

solution.

in some webpage if I click an alphabet e.g. A ,I get the list of

items
(name, scrips etc) beginning with A
is it possible to do something like this in excel with vba or without

vba

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email