Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 'Embedding' fonts

I have reason to use a font called Distant Galaxy on a userform. I do not
think it is a regular MS font and if that is the case it must have been
installed on my pc by some application or other - but not by me directly.
I know I must be careful about licencing issues when using 'non-standard'
fonts in a form which is then 'distributed but it raises the question - How
do you add a font to a userform anyway?

Appreciate any advice.

Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't. You'd have to ship the font file and install it on the
target machine. You can't embed fonts in an Excel document.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Geoff" wrote in message
I have reason to use a font called Distant Galaxy on a userform.
I do not
think it is a regular MS font and if that is the case it must
have been
installed on my pc by some application or other - but not by me
directly.
I know I must be careful about licencing issues when using
'non-standard'
fonts in a form which is then 'distributed but it raises the
question - How
do you add a font to a userform anyway?

Appreciate any advice.

Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is not possible to install that font on the target machine - say
because of licencing issues then I must find another solution to the original
problem.
That is:
I want to highlight each optbutton in a set and thought to use the
character 'O', suitably sized, from 'Distant Galaxy' font on a label. The
label is placed at the back of each button to form a halo effect. In that
way I could give a visual cue to the user on where the focus was.
Its odd but none of the fonts I have searched produce the letter 'O' as a
perfect circle. Is there another aproach I could use?

T.I.A.

Geoff