Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conversion needed

I need to convert a number of days into years, months, days format. An
idea? I put the first start date in A10 and the first end date in A11
The second set up dates are in B10 and B11 respectively. I used thi
formula to get the number of days in between each start and end date.
=DATEDIF(A10,A11,"d")
=DATEDIF(B10,B11,"d")
And then combined them as...
=SUM(DATEDIF(A10,A11,"d")+DATEDIF(B10,B11,"D"))

But now I need to switch back and get the total of # Years, # Months
#Days

--
juster2
juster21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2539

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm for examples of how to do
this with the DATEDIF function.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"juster21"
wrote in
message

I need to convert a number of days into years, months, days
format. Any
idea? I put the first start date in A10 and the first end date
in A11.
The second set up dates are in B10 and B11 respectively. I used
this
formula to get the number of days in between each start and end
date.
=DATEDIF(A10,A11,"d")
=DATEDIF(B10,B11,"d")
And then combined them as...
=SUM(DATEDIF(A10,A11,"d")+DATEDIF(B10,B11,"D"))

But now I need to switch back and get the total of # Years, #
Months,
#Days.

--
juster21