Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to open MSN stock quote query in get external data in Exce

I have been using the external data command to import stock quotes using the
saved query that comes pre-installed with Excel. I have been using it for
over three years, but recently when I open the workbook, I get an error
stating "unable to open the web site Moneycentral/external/....". Then today
it started working again! Was this a problem with MSN Moneycentral or was
there a problem in my Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Interesting. So you don't need to fix anything if you wait two weeks.
You might take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/stocks.htm#query

I wasn't bitten by this as I'm satisfied, or make do with Quicken,
and can look up value for any day back for several years without
trying to do someting in Excel.
---
HTH,