Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default worksheet change on timer

is there anyway that I can insert a banner or headline say in A1:A1
(merged) and it will change every 30 seconds. The reason I would lik
to do this is if a user who is new to input data or schedulin
production in the sheet, I would like a banner per say, that woul
alert the user of information like, don't forget about the big orde
next week, order xxx product and so on. Maybe there is a way bette
solution or idea to what I need. I would manually put the messages i
say behind the scenes or in vba coding that would be displayed.

Thanks for any hel

--
jhahe
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2359

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See Chip Pearson's page on using application.OnTime

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

however, if this is for scheduling on more than the current day, you may
want to create a database that your macro accesses which has the messages to
be displayed and when. In your workbook_Open event, you could then schedule
the messages with Ontime.

Tom Ogilvy

"jhahes" wrote in
message ...

is there anyway that I can insert a banner or headline say in A1:A10
(merged) and it will change every 30 seconds. The reason I would like
to do this is if a user who is new to input data or scheduling
production in the sheet, I would like a banner per say, that would
alert the user of information like, don't forget about the big order
next week, order xxx product and so on. Maybe there is a way better
solution or idea to what I need. I would manually put the messages in
say behind the scenes or in vba coding that would be displayed.

Thanks for any help

--
jhahes
jhahes's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391038

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jjk jjk is offline

You should try Application.OnTime

Please refer the code below.
In ThisWorkbook module
------------------------------------
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
BannerProc
End Sub

In GenericCode Module
----------------------------------
Option Explicit
Option Base 0

Sub BannerProc()

Static counter As Integer
Dim text(5) As String
text(0) = "msg0"
text(1) = "msg1"
text(2) = "msg2"
text(3) = "msg3"
text(4) = "msg4"

Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:30"), "BannerProc"

Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = text(counter)
counter = counter + 1 Mod 5

End Sub

You can try creative things like storing the messages in a hidden sheet
and reading fromt there. Calculating the mod value based on number of
messages. Etc.

HTH,
Jayant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming