Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Replacing HTML Tags in Excel

I ran a SQL query through VBA in Excel. Our database is web-based and folks
use HTML tags in their text (we then send reports through Crystal Reports).
When this text is inserted into Excel, it keeps the tags. Is there an easy
way to replace words, for instance, that should be bold that have the bold
tags using a macro or replace?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Darlene

You can put the string in the clipboard, then paste special as Unicode text.
See here

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...l-in-cells-ii/

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

Darlene wrote:
I ran a SQL query through VBA in Excel. Our database is web-based
and folks use HTML tags in their text (we then send reports through
Crystal Reports). When this text is inserted into Excel, it keeps the
tags. Is there an easy way to replace words, for instance, that
should be bold that have the bold tags using a macro or replace?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dick:

Below is the results that came back in my query:

<b<uJohn Client</u</b
<pSince John Client requires income and growth

Is there a way I can replace all the tags, in this example for instance, to
make "John Client" simply be bold, removing the HTML tags? Same thing with
the paragraph tag? Perhaps a macro?

I appreciate your time and advice!