Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Order of modules in the VBE

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

In the VBE my modules do not appear organized together but may be separated
by other components in the VBE. For example some modules appear above
"ThisWorkbook" and others appear below it.

How can I change this so that all modules are clustered together?

TIA.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"quartz" wrote in message
In the VBE my modules do not appear organized together but may be
separated
by other components in the VBE. For example some modules appear above
"ThisWorkbook" and others appear below it.

How can I change this so that all modules are clustered together?

The simplest way to do this is to click the "Toggle Folders" toolbar
button at the top of the Project Window. This will place each type of
component in its own sub-folder below your main project.

If you don't like sub-folders, you'll have to name your modules so they
sort the way you want them to. Without folder view turned on, components are
displayed in alphabetical order by name. So one way to group things together
is to prefix the name of all modules with the letter "M", all UserForms with
the letter "F", all Worksheets with the letter "W", etc. This will cause
members of each component type to appear grouped together in the Project
Window.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,
I could not understand what quartz was talking about as I have always used
the organized way and never noticed that button.
You live and learn.

NickHK

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
"quartz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"NickHK" wrote in message
Rob,
I could not understand what quartz was talking about as I have always used
the organized way and never noticed that button.
You live and learn.

Hi Nick,

Yep, that's why I like reading the newsgroups. It's amazing the little
things you come across that you've never noticed before.