Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pp pp is offline

Default Disable MACRO

Hi All

I have an excel file, in which we populate an PIVOT Table.
The data population works fine, the only issue is, right before the data
gets populated it displays window 2 times, the text on this window is

"do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells in results"

Questions, how do I disable this window so that user does not have to click
OK button on these window

Note: I have set the MACRO Security as LOW

Thanks
PP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This has nothing to do with security. Security only has to do with whether
macros will run or not. Your problem is that excel is alerting you that it is
about to overwrite something. Generally a very useful thing but somethimes
annoying. To turn this off use code similar to this (error handling is always
a good idea when you change application level settings)

Sub MyStuff()
On Error Goto ErrorHandler
application.dislayalerts = false
'Do you stuff

ErrorHandler:
application.dislayalerts = true
end sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PP" wrote:

Hi All

I have an excel file, in which we populate an PIVOT Table.
The data population works fine, the only issue is, right before the data
gets populated it displays window 2 times, the text on this window is

"do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells in results"

Questions, how do I disable this window so that user does not have to click
OK button on these window

Note: I have set the MACRO Security as LOW

Thanks
PP

Disable running of SelectionChange macro when in another macro? Tonso Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 March 21st 10 06:50 PM
disable user running macro from Tools Macro Steve Simons Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 September 28th 06 06:28 AM
Disable the Macro Pop up Sunil Excel Programming 2 September 11th 04 01:32 PM
Disable Macro Mark Excel Programming 2 January 1st 04 10:45 PM
Disable Macro at open by an external macro Ricardo[_2_] Excel Programming 0 November 10th 03 07:50 PM