Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Button Magically moves....

I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel
me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button
on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar
also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi
an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one of th
buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop down bo
that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo
click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos
and reopen the file and it will continue to happen. I have not bee
able to find any way to fix the file once this starts happening. An
ideas on what is causing this and/or what I can do to fix it?

I had been fortunate until today and the master file had never had thi
problem. Now the master that I do all my development work on has gotte
corrupted

--
ceshelma
ceshelman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2431

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this it?
Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002
see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838910/

--
keepITcool

ceshelman wrote :

I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can help
me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several
buttons on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts.
There are also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly
regular basis an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop
down box one of the buttons (always the same button) magically moves
to the drop down box that was clicked. Once this happens the first
time, every time you click on a drop down box the button moves to
that box. You can close and reopen the file and it will continue to
happen. I have not been able to find any way to fix the file once
this starts happening. Any ideas on what is causing this and/or what
I can do to fix it?

I had been fortunate until today and the master file had never had
this problem. Now the master that I do all my development work on
has gotten corrupted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Close but not quite. Thanks for the input but this problem has to d
with Print Preview not clicking on a drop down box. I did try th
recommended solution but it had no affect on the problem

--
ceshelma
ceshelman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2431
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39065

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
the conflict of object-ids used internally in that sheet might be the cause.
copying all cells to a new sheet would fix the problem.
i don't know what makes them wrong.

--
HTH,

okaizawa

NickHK wrote:
ceshelman,
I have had the same problem with Data Validation drop downs for a year or so
on a template file. It is certainly intermittent.
Last year I looked around, but could find no other comments/remedies.

If you find any remedy or reason, let us know.

NicHK