Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VOIP autodialer

I would like to use my Vonage dialer to send messages to each recipient in my
spreadsheet. Can someone please point me in the right direction to manage
control of an external application that uses contact phone numbers in outlook
to my phone list in Excel?? Much thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The numbers are stored in a spreadsheet. The dialer is a custom vonage
application called click to call. I know that it is office compatible
because I can click on a contact in outlook and the number appears in my
autodialer, but it is a manual process. I am hoping to write an application
that will automate the process in Excel but don't know how much control VB
Excel has over other apps.

"HotRod" wrote in message
Not sure we understand, what external program do you want to control?
Where are the numbers located?

"Mike Macgowan" wrote in message
I would like to use my Vonage dialer to send messages to each recipient in
my
spreadsheet. Can someone please point me in the right direction to manage
control of an external application that uses contact phone numbers in
outlook
to my phone list in Excel?? Much thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not familiar with the program you're using, but here's what I
would do. Open VBA and insert a blank module. Then, go to the
Tools menu, choose References, and scroll through the list until
you find something whose name indicates that it is the dialer
application. Check that option in the References list. Then, use
the Object Browser (F2) to see the various objects, properties,
and methods associated with that library. Then, use trial and
error (assuming no help file is available) to get it to work the
way you want.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"HotRod" wrote in message
Not sure we understand, what external program do you want to
control? Where are the numbers located?

"Mike Macgowan" wrote in message
I would like to use my Vonage dialer to send messages to each
recipient in my
spreadsheet. Can someone please point me in the right
direction to manage
control of an external application that uses contact phone
numbers in outlook
to my phone list in Excel?? Much thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I think I am close. Enabled the addin. It is called vonageComAddin.
In the object browser, the class is connect and there are integer and
variants listed as members. They look like phone number variables from
outlook contact list. I am not sure how to code a line to call the app.

would it be:

vonagecomaddin.connect.ctr =1234567890

i get a method or data member not found if I address this way or with the
tele num in quotes.