Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hard breaks in text to soft breaks in Excel

Hi,

Am importing data into Excel from raw text files. Text files contai
'hard' line breaks, but I need all data to be in a single cell wit
'soft' line breaks... ie alt+Enter...

Is there any easy way to do this?

Please help?!!!!! :-

--
tbaile
tbailey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2556

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alt+enter isn't a softbreak. It is a hard break. As long a workwrap is
applied the text will break at the point as a minimum.

Tom Ogilvy

"tbailey" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

Am importing data into Excel from raw text files. Text files contain
'hard' line breaks, but I need all data to be in a single cell with
'soft' line breaks... ie alt+Enter...

Is there any easy way to do this?

Please help?!!!!! :-)

--
tbailey
tbailey's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389990

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you really meant soft breaks instead of hard breaks then look at
Replace()

eg

strContent = Replace(strContent, chr(10),"")
strContent = Replace(strContent, chr(13),"")

Tim.

"tbailey" wrote
in message