Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding Items to an array

Having a bit of trouble with the following code. I am attempting t
create a drop down box that contains the contents of a list of cells.
The cells aren't in a fixed location and there could be a differen
number of items depending on another list box. So the array can't be
fixed size. How can I add the items I want to the array and the
display them in the combobox?

Thanks

Code
-------------------
Private Sub Categorybox_Change()
Dim typ() As Integer
Dim x As Integer
Dim r As Integer
Dim c As Integer
c = 2
r = 2
x = 0

Do While Cells(r, c) < categorybox.Value
r = r + 1
Loop
Do While Cells(r, c) = categorybox.Value
ReDim typ(x + 1)
typ(x) = Cells(r, (c + 1))
x = x + 1
r = r + 1
Loop
Typebox.List = typ()
End Sub

-------------------

--
musictec
musictech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2485

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any ideas

--
musictec
musictech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2485
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38995

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Categorybox_Change()
Dim r As Integer
Dim c As Integer
c = 2
r = 2
x = 0
TypeBox.Clear
Do While Cells(r, c).Value < categorybox.Value
r = r + 1
Loop
Do While Cells(r, c) = categorybox.Value
TypeBox.AddItem Cells(r, c + 1).Value
r = r + 1
Loop
End Sub

You don't gain anything significant from putting them in an array first.

Tom Ogilvy

"musictech" wrote
in message ...

Having a bit of trouble with the following code. I am attempting to
create a drop down box that contains the contents of a list of cells.
The cells aren't in a fixed location and there could be a different
number of items depending on another list box. So the array can't be a
fixed size. How can I add the items I want to the array and then

--------------------
Private Sub Categorybox_Change()
Dim typ() As Integer
Dim x As Integer
Dim r As Integer
Dim c As Integer
c = 2
r = 2
x = 0

Do While Cells(r, c) < categorybox.Value
r = r + 1
Loop
Do While Cells(r, c) = categorybox.Value
ReDim typ(x + 1)
typ(x) = Cells(r, (c + 1))
x = x + 1
r = r + 1