Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro warning when opening excel

I have a template that people will use to create many excel sheets
from.

When the template opens, it asks you if you want to enable macros.
This message I can deal with.

I want to know if there is some way once the new excel sheet is made
from the template, that the enable macros dialog can be disabled?

I do not think I can just use Application.DisplayAlerts = false because
I do not want to shut it off for all of excel, just for that individual
workbook.

Thanks

--
reddog9069
reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24458

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good afternoon reddog9069

There are three ways of dealing with this.

(i) Have the person who designed the template set themselves up with
digital certificate (you probably don't want this one)

(ii) Set your Excel security to Low (you don't want this one either).

(iii) Delete the macros : if you are not going to use the macros, thi
is your best option. If you can't do it by hand download the ASA
Utilities free add-in (www.asap-utilities.com) which has a utility tha
will do this for you.

HTH

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1893

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply-

I designed the template.

Also the users need to still use the macros.

So I guess my only option is getting a digital certificate.

How would I go about doing this

--
reddog906
reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A long shot -

Build an add-in with code not needed in the add-in.
Include code to open the template.

You should be able to set the code to open the template
and disable macros.

If you can do this - than you will have turned off all the alerts...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"reddog9069" wrote
in message ...

I have a template that people will use to create many excel sheets
from.

When the template opens, it asks you if you want to enable macros.
This message I can deal with.

I want to know if there is some way once the new excel sheet is made
from the template, that the enable macros dialog can be disabled?

I do not think I can just use Application.DisplayAlerts = false because
I do not want to shut it off for all of excel, just for that individual
workbook.

Thanks

--
reddog9069
reddog9069's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389885

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi reddog9069

Have a look here for a list of third party software developers who ca
set you up with a digital certificate :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?u...otcertprog.asp

You want one that has "Yes" against code signing - that will make mor
sense when you look at the link.

HTH

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1893
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is a long list.

This is something that would be nice to have done, but is not reall
necessary.

Is there any of them that offer free simple certificates?

I am not worried about encryption and all that fancy stuff, I woul
just like to prevent that enable macros dialog from appearing ever
time a user opens the worksheet that he/she knows does not contain an
harmful macros.

Thanks for all the help

--
reddog906
reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2445
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm....

I still need the macros to work after they have been saved as
worksheet from the template.

Now that I think about it, if it was possible to do, then people tryin
to delete all your word files would have an easy time because they coul
disable the prompt.

I am going to have to find a way to get a digital certificate mos
likely

--
reddog906
reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2445
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi reddog9069

...either that or just put up with the warning dialog!

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932