Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default object defined error

I have just finshed my workbook and I am pleased with it other than on
or two issues but following a code or sheet change I cannot work ou
why a form doesnt work.

Excel is giving me an error -

Run time 1004

Application defined or object defined error

When I de bug it shows me module 1 and the code highlighted saying

frmaddrecord.show

This doesnt help me much at identifying where the problem is.

I have searched the internet and a few posts mention a reference bee
wrong or it being an issue with personal.xls.

They are getting it when they are opening the workbook mine is jus
when opening the add records button to the form to add records from th
menu.

I have attached my workbook to this post if anyone can have a look fo
me that would be great.

Thanks

Ro

|Filename: excelproject.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3620

robhargreave
robhargreaves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2551
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob,

Few in this group woulld be prepared to open such attachments, and very
properly so.

Try, instead, posting the contentious code with a brief description of the
background and any salient information.

---
Regards,
Norman

"robhargreaves"
wrote in message
news:robhargreaves.1soiyc_1122217504.529@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I have just finshed my workbook and I am pleased with it other than one
or two issues but following a code or sheet change I cannot work out
why a form doesnt work.

Excel is giving me an error -

Run time 1004

Application defined or object defined error

When I de bug it shows me module 1 and the code highlighted saying

frmaddrecord.show

This doesnt help me much at identifying where the problem is.

I have searched the internet and a few posts mention a reference been
wrong or it being an issue with personal.xls.

They are getting it when they are opening the workbook mine is just
when opening the add records button to the form to add records from the
menu.

I have attached my workbook to this post if anyone can have a look for
me that would be great.

Thanks

Rob

|Filename: excelproject.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3620 |

robhargreaves
robhargreaves's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389714

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is likely that the code does not recognize "frmaddrecord" as a Userform.
Just what does frmaddrecord refer to?
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond