Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default what do I do wrong?

ehmmm... a last question and hopefully I will be done with my sheet...
My sheet contains 2 tables of 4 columns / 17 rows each
The data for these tables SHOULD come from an userform (which I've already
made). When the "ready" button in the userform is pushed the data should go
in the first empty row (this is what I use for this purpose):

Private Sub cmdNext_Click()
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("B16").Select
Do
If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = False Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = True

Next step is where everything goes wrong:

now the data has to be input in the right place and this is what I do:

ActiveCell.Value = txtCode1.Value
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = txtCode2.Value
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2) = txtDate.Value
End sub

Apparently this code is not working. All I get is the first line highlighted
and that's it.

Furthermo when the first table is full (4 colums / 17 rows) I need the
data to go to the next table which start at the same hight as the first (say
row 16) but 7 columns to the right....

Sorry for the lenght of this but english is not my language and I don't know
how to keep it short...

Thanks for any help....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try something like this

Dim lrw as long

lrw = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.COUNT, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Row

If lrw < 16 then
lrw = 16
End If

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,2)=txtCode1.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,3)=txtCode2.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,4)=txtCode3.Value

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"antonov" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Steve...
I've tried your option but I still get the same error... the line is
highlighted and nothing happens
"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Try something like this

Dim lrw as long

lrw = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.COUNT, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Row

If lrw < 16 then
lrw = 16
End If

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,2)=txtCode1.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,3)=txtCode2.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,4)=txtCode3.Value

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"antonov" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does your code look like the below -
If Yes than what line are you refering to.
If No than replace your code with this.

Make sure that all your references are correct and that the worksheet
name is "Sheet1"

Compile your code.

Put a breakpoint at the first line: lrw = ...
Call up the form and use F8 to step through the code
Monitor the variable values and let me know where it stops.

Private Sub cmdNext_Click()

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Try something like this

Dim lrw as long

lrw = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.COUNT, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Row

If lrw < 16 then
lrw = 16
End If

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,2)=txtCode1.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,3)=txtCode2.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,4)=txtCode3.Value

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"antonov" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code looks exactely like the one below (I've done copy & paste).
It stops right he
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,2)=txtCode1.Value
the error message is: Run-time error "424" object required

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Try something like this

Dim lrw as long

lrw = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.COUNT, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Row

If lrw < 16 then
lrw = 16
End If

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,2)=txtCode1.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,3)=txtCode2.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,4)=txtCode3.Value

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"antonov" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this code in the userform module?
Is txtCode1 the Name of a text box?
txtCode1 must be the name of an object, and it must have a .Value
property.
Is Sheet1 the actual tab name of the worksheet?

The code is not recognizing one or both of these as objects. Double check.

Also you might need to change the structure into something like
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Cells(lrw,2)=txtbox1.value
end with

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
.. .

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Try something like this

Dim lrw as long

lrw = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.COUNT, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Row

If lrw < 16 then
lrw = 16
End If

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,2)=txtCode1.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,3)=txtCode2.Value
Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(lrw,4)=txtCode3.Value

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
.. .