Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Creation for name formating

I have very little knowledge of VB. I am trying to write a Macro that will
change the formating of names in a particular column.

This is the data currently:

Last, first initial (ex Trolian, Jason A - or - Trolian, Jason Alan)

The examples show that not all names are the same and in some cases there is
no middle initial or middle name.

The end result that I am trying to reach is 3 columns "First" "Middle" "Last"

If anyone can help we with this it would be greatly appreciated. In the
past I would convert to CSV file and use the comma in the name as a
delimitor. With small amounts of records this is ok but for my purpose now I
will be modifying 17,000 records.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Copy your data into a new workbook
and than play with Data Text to Columns
You may need to make sure that you have empty columns
to the right of your data. You can do this on an entire column
with one-shot.

you can set it for tab, comma, space, and other delimiters.

When you get the hang of it - start over and record what you do.
Than edit the code (call back if you need help with the final code)

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond