Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Runtime Error 1004 on selecting range

I have a workbookwith 84 sheets. When I try to select (or activate) a range I
get runtime error 1004. In debugging the file, I find I can print the
individual cells (in a different workbook, wkFix), but cannot select the
range. Here's the relevant code:

With wkState.Sheets("NDX1")
For j = iCol1 To iCol2
wkFix.Sheets(1).Cells(j - iCol1 + 1, 13) = .Cells(jRow, j)
Next j

' I have no problem in printing

Range(.Cells(jRow, iCol1), .Cells(jRow, iCol2)).Select

'But the above line gives me the runtime error

End With

Can this have anything to do with the number of spreadsheets?

I'm running VBA 6.3, Excel 2003 SP1 with XP Pro

TIA,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes -- jRow is a known quantity, as are iCol1 & iCol2. The printout confirms
that they are correct.

Mike Maltz

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

is jRow initialized?

Tom Ogilvy

"MaltzMD" wrote in message
I have a workbookwith 84 sheets. When I try to select (or activate) a

range I
get runtime error 1004. In debugging the file, I find I can print the
individual cells (in a different workbook, wkFix), but cannot select the
range. Here's the relevant code:

With wkState.Sheets("NDX1")
For j = iCol1 To iCol2
wkFix.Sheets(1).Cells(j - iCol1 + 1, 13) = .Cells(jRow, j)
Next j

' I have no problem in printing

Range(.Cells(jRow, iCol1), .Cells(jRow, iCol2)).Select

'But the above line gives me the runtime error

End With

Can this have anything to do with the number of spreadsheets?

I'm running VBA 6.3, Excel 2003 SP1 with XP Pro

TIA,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub ABCD()
icol1 = 5
icol2 = 15
jrow = 3
Set wkState = Workbooks("Book1")
Set wkFix = Workbooks("Book2")
With wkState.Sheets("NDX1")
For j = icol1 To icol2
wkFix.Sheets(1).Cells(j - icol1 + 1, 13) = _
.Cells(jrow, j)
Next j
End With
End Sub

In a general module ran fine for me. So the problem must be elsewhere than
the code shown.

Tom Ogilvy

"MaltzMD" wrote in message
Yes -- jRow is a known quantity, as are iCol1 & iCol2. The printout

confirms
that they are correct.

Mike Maltz

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

is jRow initialized?

Tom Ogilvy

"MaltzMD" wrote in message
I have a workbookwith 84 sheets. When I try to select (or activate) a

range I
get runtime error 1004. In debugging the file, I find I can print the
individual cells (in a different workbook, wkFix), but cannot select

the
range. Here's the relevant code:

With wkState.Sheets("NDX1")
For j = iCol1 To iCol2
wkFix.Sheets(1).Cells(j - iCol1 + 1, 13) = .Cells(jRow, j)
Next j

' I have no problem in printing

Range(.Cells(jRow, iCol1), .Cells(jRow, iCol2)).Select

'But the above line gives me the runtime error

End With

Can this have anything to do with the number of spreadsheets?

I'm running VBA 6.3, Excel 2003 SP1 with XP Pro

TIA,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
try this, without forgetting the dots,

.Activate
.Range(.Cells(jRow, iCol1), .Cells(jRow, iCol2)).Select

or try as a test,

.Activate
.Cells(jRow, iCol1).Select
.Cells(jRow, iCol12).Select
.Range(.Cells(jRow, iCol1), .Cells(jRow, iCol2)).Select

--
HTH,

okaizawa

MaltzMD wrote:
I have a workbookwith 84 sheets. When I try to select (or activate) a range I
get runtime error 1004. In debugging the file, I find I can print the
individual cells (in a different workbook, wkFix), but cannot select the
range. Here's the relevant code:

With wkState.Sheets("NDX1")
For j = iCol1 To iCol2
wkFix.Sheets(1).Cells(j - iCol1 + 1, 13) = .Cells(jRow, j)
Next j

' I have no problem in printing

Range(.Cells(jRow, iCol1), .Cells(jRow, iCol2)).Select

'But the above line gives me the runtime error

End With

Can this have anything to do with the number of spreadsheets?

I'm running VBA 6.3, Excel 2003 SP1 with XP Pro

TIA,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A dumb mistake on my part -- I forgot to put the period before the word
"Range"!

Mike Maltz

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

is jRow initialized?