Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to replace a hard return?

I have a bunch of hard returns at least I think that is what they are. The
data comes from a database on our intranet. I get the data in the form of an
excel spreadsheet. But now I have all of the returns. They look like bold
bars and when I click in the cell they look like empty boxes. I tried doing a
find and replace with ALT 0010. It found a number of returns but not any of
the ones I need it to find.

If you can help I would appreciate it very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

let's say that this is the 4th character in the string in A1. In another
cell you could do

=code(mid(A1,4,1))

to find out what the ascii code of the character is.

Tom Ogilvy