Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to prevent unautherize change?

I am trying to create a month-to-month family budget plan and i will like to
have the ability to prevent other househole users from doing any changes to
some of the coded cells on the work sheet. is there a way to do so and how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use cell locking. When you protect the sheet, use a password. See:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Colin2u" wrote in message
I am trying to create a month-to-month family budget plan and i will like

have the ability to prevent other househole users from doing any changes

some of the coded cells on the work sheet. is there a way to do so and

how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you:

Unprotect sheet
Select cell(s)
Format (menu)
Cells
Protectection
Locked (selected or checked)
Protect sheet
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond

"Colin2u" wrote in message
I am trying to create a month-to-month family budget plan and i will
like

have the ability to prevent other househole users from doing any
changes

some of the coded cells on the work sheet. is there a way to do so and

how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KJ KJ is offline

ha ha ha

"Colin2u" wrote:

I am trying to create a month-to-month family budget plan and i will like to
have the ability to prevent other househole users from doing any changes to
some of the coded cells on the work sheet. is there a way to do so and how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In a home environment password protection has a decent chance
of protecting the workbook. Especially if there is project level
protection.
(unless the kids are really set to "break the bank").

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"KJ" wrote in message