Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need a macro to do this...

Hi all,

I have tried to achive the following from writing a formula in th
spreadsheet, but unfortunatly have been unable to achieve the desire
result.

I have a workbook which contains information about a series of product
(PPV) in a catagory. The critical information is Product Name (D1:D50
Risk Value (DG1:DG50) and Risk Rating (DJ1:DJ50).

example:

Prod Name...Risk...Rating
apple,............2........2
orange,.........2........1
pear,.............3........3
kiwi,..............3.........1
mango,.........2.........3

I need a macro that will find Orange, Apple, Mango (the prod names) an
report them back into say cells A1,A2,A3 and 1,2,3 (the prod ratings
into cells B1,B2,B3 in another workbook (prod inf)

I need to formula if poss to look at the risk value from say cell E
and then report this info back. I have no idea about VB but im prett
sure it would be possible. Be great if anyone can help.

Many thanks, Chris Rowe

--
chrisrowe_c
chrisrowe_cr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2522

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Say you enter orange in Cell A1 of the other workbook, then you can use the
formula

=Vlookup(A1,[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$D$1:$DJ50,108,False)

in B1, in C1
=Vlookup(A1,[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$D$1:$DJ50,111,False)

then in A2 put in Apple, in A2 put in Mango

drag fill the formulas down the column.

Tom Ogilvy

"chrisrowe_cr"
wrote in message
news:chrisrowe_cr.1skweh_1122048359.3436@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi all,

I have tried to achive the following from writing a formula in the
spreadsheet, but unfortunatly have been unable to achieve the desired
result.

I have a workbook which contains information about a series of products
(PPV) in a catagory. The critical information is Product Name (D1:D50)
Risk Value (DG1:DG50) and Risk Rating (DJ1:DJ50).

example:

Prod Name...Risk...Rating
apple,............2........2
orange,.........2........1
pear,.............3........3
kiwi,..............3.........1
mango,.........2.........3

I need a macro that will find Orange, Apple, Mango (the prod names) and
report them back into say cells A1,A2,A3 and 1,2,3 (the prod ratings)
into cells B1,B2,B3 in another workbook (prod inf)

I need to formula if poss to look at the risk value from say cell E2
and then report this info back. I have no idea about VB but im pretty
sure it would be possible. Be great if anyone can help.

Many thanks, Chris Rowe.

--
chrisrowe_cr
chrisrowe_cr's Profile: