Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default modular arithmetic

Hi, I have a formula that I would like to put into excel but I dont know how
to solve for t. This one is a toughy

I am trying to solve for t, time.

FV = future value
R = f*p
i = 0.05
t mod 2 = remainder which = t €“ 2k
t = ?

FV = 2R (((1+i)^t -1)/i) + R (1+i)^t (t mod 2)

This formula was designed to return the time it will take to pay off an
investment whereby the revenues received, R, increase every two years by
percent i

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Read HELP on Financial Functions...FV,PV,PMT etc etc
While you can of course design your own User Defined Functions, there's
little point in replication what's already available as a spreadsheet
function.

From HELP:

NPER
Returns the number of periods for an investment based on periodic, constant
payments and a constant interest rate.

Syntax

NPER(rate, pmt, pv, fv, type)

"sirsoto" wrote:

Hi, I have a formula that I would like to put into excel but I dont know how
to solve for t. This one is a toughy

I am trying to solve for t, time.

FV = future value
R = f*p
i = 0.05
t mod 2 = remainder which = t €“ 2k
t = ?

FV = 2R (((1+i)^t -1)/i) + R (1+i)^t (t mod 2)

This formula was designed to return the time it will take to pay off an
investment whereby the revenues received, R, increase every two years by
percent i

excel modular sheets subsheets s05ullivan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 9th 05 04:44 AM
Macro - Modular fill function Chaz Excel Programming 3 July 6th 05 06:24 PM
bad arithmetic pod Excel Programming 1 February 11th 05 04:39 PM
Simple arithmetic Ron Rosenfeld Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 24th 05 08:35 PM
Simple arithmetic - take 2 Pat Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 24th 05 08:15 PM