Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newspaper Columns

Is it possible in Excel 2002 or 2003 to create newspaper columns, that will
snake properly when an item is added and can be sorted if necessary?

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

You can do it using formulas to create your columns, referencing a table of
values where your text is entered.

The formula in the first column could be as simple as

=A1

and at the top of the second column

=A21

When both are copied down 20 rows, you would get two columns of 20 items
that snakes properly, and will reflect any sorting applied to the source
table.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Michael Koerner" wrote in message
Is it possible in Excel 2002 or 2003 to create newspaper columns, that
will
snake properly when an item is added and can be sorted if necessary?

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That seemed to work well <g Thanks very much.

Next question When the list does not fill the page, Excel puts "0" in the blank
cell, even if the cell is formatted as text. I would like it to be blank. Is
there something I need to add to the formula.

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
[...]