Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Capabilities of linking excel cells with outlook calendar

I am looking to link and individual cell in excel that has a date in it to a
calendar date. I thought that backoffice allowed these type of
interoperabilities. What I want to do is...let's say that I have an excel
file and I open it and it has a date in a cell, I want to be able to take
that date and link it to (make a calendar appointment) on my calendar. I
should be able to right click on the date and add it to calendar. Does this
function have to be turned on or is it part of the OLE linking issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I know, your expectations go beyond the capabilities provided. If
you want to have that functionality, you will have to write a macro/VBA to
provide it. If you truly are talking about something besides Office (i.e.
"Backoffice"), then this probably isn't the place to ask.

Tom Ogilvy