Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default updating spreadsheet.

Hi

What I have is a alot of Areas which are sending me data through a
spreadsheet I created, However as it is "database" what I would ike is
to send amendments.
Is there a way to create code that edits code within an open workbook
as well as changes some worksheet layouts?

What I want to send out is some sort of "PATCHES" which I have picked
up from users that have tried the workbook.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

any ideas

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're updating stuff that you control--not the user--like a table on a
hidden or protected sheet, you could create a macro that asks the user to open
their copy of the workbook and does the work.

But if you're fixing stuff that the user controls, you've got to be much more
careful. You don't want to mess up their data.

And if they have multiple copies (earlier versions/backups/just in case files),
then you'll have to make sure that they get those, too.

funkymonkUK wrote:

Hi

What I have is a alot of Areas which are sending me data through a
spreadsheet I created, However as it is "database" what I would ike is
to send amendments.
Is there a way to create code that edits code within an open workbook
as well as changes some worksheet layouts?

What I want to send out is some sort of "PATCHES" which I have picked
up from users that have tried the workbook.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18135
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389016

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't understand your question. Maybe no one else does either? "Edits code
within..." means you want to edit the VBA code and change some worksheets?
"Patches"? Patches to the VBA? What are Areas? Are these ranges?
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com