Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling the option to move cells programatically

I am making a workbook with sheets that have references to other sheets in
that workbook. The problem is that when you move a cell you also change the
other cells that reference to that one. This screws up my entire workbook, so
I need a way to turn off the ability to move cells. I looked around a bit an
haven't found any options, so what I need is a way to turn on/off the
movement of cells from within a VBA program. If anyone knows the command I
would love to know what it is.
Thanks,
Devin L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you protect the worksheet it does not offer an option to stop users from
moving cells. I need them to be able to enter data in but not be able to move
the cell itself. Plus I was specifically wondering how to do this in VBA,
programattically, which I could not figure out how to do on my own. How would
one protect the worksheet with code?

"Devin Linnington" wrote:

I am making a workbook with sheets that have references to other sheets in
that workbook. The problem is that when you move a cell you also change the
other cells that reference to that one. This screws up my entire workbook, so
I need a way to turn off the ability to move cells. I looked around a bit an
haven't found any options, so what I need is a way to turn on/off the
movement of cells from within a VBA program. If anyone knows the command I
would love to know what it is.
Thanks,
Devin L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you mean turn off Cell Drag & drop then

Code
-------------------

Application.CellDragAndDrop = False

-------------------

--
Ivan F Moal

Ivan F Moala's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=195
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ActiveSheet.Protect or ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=pass

Of course, when you protect with a password, your users could see what that
is by looking at the macros, so, you would also need to protect access to
that (ToolsVBAProject PropertiesProtectionLock project for viewing)

"Devin Linnington" wrote:

I am making a workbook with sheets that have references to other sheets in
that workbook. The problem is that when you move a cell you also change the
other cells that reference to that one. This screws up my entire workbook, so
I need a way to turn off the ability to move cells. I looked around a bit an
haven't found any options, so what I need is a way to turn on/off the
movement of cells from within a VBA program. If anyone knows the command I
would love to know what it is.
Thanks,
Devin L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you! I think I can take it from here, this just got me in the right
direction.
Devin L.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback