Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default expanding a start date and end date to show all the dates in a list

Can anyone help tell me how to do this. I think it should be possible
in excel but if not can you tell me what it could be done in.

Imagine that you had a list of people and the dates that they borrowed
say a CD set up in a spreadsheet eg

CD1 Peter 25/05/2005 30/05/2005
CD2 peter 08/08/2005 15/08/2005
CD2 paul 02/03/2005 04/03/2005

What I want to be able to do is convert this list into a pivot
table/Cross tab query that will show the persons name down the CD down
the left and will have every day of the year along the top and as a
value state who had it.

Has anyone got any ideas of how to tackle this. It must be possible

Thanks