Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Plus sign in front of formulas

I am sick and tired of people using the plus key to begin entering formulas.
It looks nasty, I always feel compelled to fix it, so please stop doing it.
NOW.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ROFL!!! I hate that, too!!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JM" wrote in message
I am sick and tired of people using the plus key to begin entering

formulas.
It looks nasty, I always feel compelled to fix it, so please stop doing

it.
NOW.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:47:45 -0500, "JM" wrote:

I am sick and tired of people using the plus key to begin entering formulas.
It looks nasty, I always feel compelled to fix it, so please stop doing it.
NOW.

Just assign this macro to a button on your toolbar and stop
complaining:
Sub RemovePlus()
Dim rng As Range
For Each rng In Selection
If Mid(rng.Formula, 2, 1) = "+" Then
rng.Formula = Replace(rng.Formula, "+", "", 1, 1)
End If
Next
End Sub

Per Erik
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Very nice, Erik!!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Per Erik Midtrød" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:47:45 -0500, "JM" wrote:

I am sick and tired of people using the plus key to begin entering

formulas.
It looks nasty, I always feel compelled to fix it, so please stop doing

it.
NOW.

Just assign this macro to a button on your toolbar and stop
complaining:
Sub RemovePlus()
Dim rng As Range
For Each rng In Selection
If Mid(rng.Formula, 2, 1) = "+" Then
rng.Formula = Replace(rng.Formula, "+", "", 1, 1)
End If
Next
End Sub

Per Erik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Might be easier to do
select a single cell, then do Edit=Goto =Special and select formulas then
do

Edit =Replace
What =+
With =

Not as precise as the code, but It would be unusual for this to cause a
problem. Of course the above could be easily done in code.

--
Regards

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Very nice, Erik!!