Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Debug/Compile VBAProject not available

Hi all!
I have to understand why the Debug/Compile VBAProject function is not
available in my vba project...I can debug....I can edit....ecc ecc....but not
compile?

then I'd like to understand why the same file .xlt opened by my user has a
behaviour and opened by another has a different behaviour: the code behind
the sheet doesn't work!!!

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Milly,

Just a stab in the dark:

I have to understand why the Debug/Compile VBAProject function is not
available in my vba project...I can debug....I can edit....ecc ecc....but
not
compile?

It is not possible to compile whilst in break mode

then I'd like to understand why the same file .xlt opened by my user has a
behaviour and opened by another has a different behaviour: the code behind
the sheet doesn't work!!!

Event code will not run if code is in break mode, or if events are turned
off.

So, the guess is that you have code which has halted in break mode and
(maybe)
events have not been re-enabled because the code has stalled,

Try, therefore, hitting the code reset button in the VBE.

---
Regards,
Norman

"milly" wrote in message
Hi all!
I have to understand why the Debug/Compile VBAProject function is not
available in my vba project...I can debug....I can edit....ecc ecc....but
not
compile?

then I'd like to understand why the same file .xlt opened by my user has a
behaviour and opened by another has a different behaviour: the code behind
the sheet doesn't work!!!

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HI!
I'm not in break mode...
it's amazing...because if the template is opened by the other user and I run
the SAME macro...the code DOESN't WORK!!!! it's as the excel doesn't "SEE"
the code....

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Milly,

Just a stab in the dark:

"milly" wrote in message
Hi all!
I have to understand why the Debug/Compile VBAProject function is not
available in my vba project...I can debug....I can edit....ecc ecc....but
not
compile?

then I'd like to understand why the same file .xlt opened by my user has a
behaviour and opened by another has a different behaviour: the code behind
the sheet doesn't work!!!

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Milly,
Is the Macro security set to high by any chance?
cheers
peterDavey

"milly" wrote in message
HI!
I'm not in break mode...
it's amazing...because if the template is opened by the other user and I

run
the SAME macro...the code DOESN't WORK!!!! it's as the excel doesn't "SEE"
the code....

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Milly,

Just a stab in the dark: