Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Palmtop for Excel / Excel for Palmtop

Anyone who's helped me in the last couple of days knows i'm creating an
invoicing system. As the last nail in the coffin for this thing, i'm
thinking of applying my Desktop excel version to a Palmtop. So perhaps
you Excel aficionados can help.
Here are a few questions that i think everyone can benefit from:

1. I know some PDAs support Excel, but do they all support VB as well?
If not which offer full Excel functionality?

2. Which good PDA has a larger screen size than 3.5"?

3. Recommended makes?

I know it's not really programming related but i know the people who
use this forum woulf have come across this issue.
I also have some other criteria but the first question is most
important. After creating some of these damn macros i'll be damned if
we spent money just to find out their not supported.

As always, thanks for the great support from this forum.

--
chris100
chris100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25166

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris,

Some PDA's run a scaled down version of Windows called Pocket PC, which can
run a scaled down version of Excel called Pocket Excel. Pocket Excel
supports worksheet based formulas and formatting, but does not support VBA.

So to run your macros, you'll need a full blown version of Excel which can
only run on a full blown version of Windows. I haven't looked into it for
a while but I think there are some palmtop computers that would fit the bill.
(Note : Palmtop < PDA). Tablet PCs also spring to mind.

Only other option would be to rewrite your app in a language that targets
the Pocket PC environment. Check out the following website to find out how.
http://www.devbuzz.com/

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"chris100" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"chris100" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Unfortunately not only does PocketExcel lack VBA support, it *SILENTLY*
discards any information/formating/feature it lacks when the file is opened
!! (vba, custom functions, charts, etc)

Planmaker is supposed to be one of the best replacements/alternatives,
however it doesnt list VBA on the website;
http://www.softmaker.de/pmp_en.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hmmmh...not the best news i've heard. If i find anything on the palmto
thing i'll post it here

--
chris10
chris100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2516