Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default syntax for code in MsgBox()?

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to put code inside the MsgBox object
that would dictate what info the messagebox would display?

Description of project:

I have a userform that allows for the seriel entry of date, name, sex

This information is dumped into a hidden sheet where it is sorted on
date (after clearing the columns of previously entered data)

I then have a loop that determines how many entries there a

Dim M as Integer
Dim trmLoopsSize as Integer

Do
trmLoopSize = M
M = M + 1
Loop Until Woorksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "H").value = ""

Now, I can get each of the rows of data to output into their own
message box with the code:

For M = 1 to trmLoopSize
MsgBox "Please review this data for entry: " & chr$(13) _
& chr$(13) _
& Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "H").Value _
& " " _
& Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "I").Value _
& " " _
& Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "J").Value _
& Chr$(13)
Next M

However, what I really want to happen is to have all that info in a
single message box, but I can't seem to get the syntax right.

Any help would be most appreciated.

PS - how do you get indented text to work in a vB forum other than
masking text placeholders with the background color?

--
Ouka
Ouka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I pretty much ended up doing that anyway, only I made the form at
design time instead of run time. The code was too complicated for me
to deal with trying to do it at run time.

The form has 60 label fields arranged in 3 columns. The rows are
filled in with information collected from the previous userform.

The reason I wanted to use a MsgBox is because it would resize itself
dynamically at runtime depending on how many entries the user put in.
With the userform it's a static size so it looks kind of ugly if there
was only 1 entry made by the user on the previous form.

I may revist the form when the enitre app is actually functioning and
make 4 different templates based on a Case selection on the number of
entries, but for now I'll live with the ugluness unless somone can show
me how to put code into a MsgBox that would dynamically change the
output during runtime.

--
Ouka
Ouka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23988
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388521

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ouka,

Maybe something like this:

(If your not already putting Option Explicit at the top of each module, you
should do so - you dimmed "trmLoopsSize" but used "trmLoopsize" (one less S)
in your code.)

Regards,

Patti
--------------
Sub tester()

Dim M As Integer
Dim trmLoopsSize As Integer
Dim strMsg As String

strMsg = "Please review this data for entry: " & Chr$(13) _
& Chr$(13)

Do
trmLoopsSize = M
M = M + 1
Loop Until Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "H").Value = ""
Debug.Print trmLoopsSize

For M = 1 To trmLoopsSize
strMsg = strMsg & Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "H").Value & " " _
& Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "I").Value & " " _
& Worksheets("Hidden1").Cells(M, "J").Value _
& Chr$(13)
Next M
MsgBox strMsg
End Sub

"Ouka" wrote in message

[...]

Msgbox Code Help Please.... kmwhitt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 September 21st 06 01:52 AM
VBA code using if then and msgbox snoopy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 1st 05 08:48 PM
MsgBox Code Error MBlake Excel Programming 8 May 2nd 05 11:16 PM
MsgBox Syntax scott Excel Programming 3 February 7th 05 10:04 PM
help with code/syntax Jay Baxter Excel Programming 0 February 26th 04 08:11 PM