Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code equivelent to a key combination?

Hello all,

Does anyone know what the code equivelent to [CTRL] + [Home] is when you
have frozen panes in a spreadsheet?

I tried recording a macro to find out, but the only thing that it came up
with was "Range("Cell Address").Select".

Hopefully there is code that will accomplish this because the panes are not
frozen in the same place in every file we use.

Thanks for any help any one can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please read my post again!

Most of the files I'm using have frozen panes AND they are not frozen in the
same place every time. So the cell reference will be different every time.
Range("RC").Select will not work for me.

If I do a [CTRL] + [Home], it will take me to the cell the panes are frozen
on. I want to know how to duplicate that with code.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You select the actual cell

Range("A1").Select

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message
Hello all,

Does anyone know what the code equivelent to [CTRL] + [Home] is when you
have frozen panes in a spreadsheet?

I tried recording a macro to find out, but the only thing that it came up
with was "Range("Cell Address").Select".

Hopefully there is code that will accomplish this because the panes are

not
frozen in the same place in every file we use.

Thanks for any help any one can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.VisibleRange.Item(1).Selec t

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

Hello all,

Does anyone know what the code equivelent to [CTRL] + [Home] is when you
have frozen panes in a spreadsheet?

I tried recording a macro to find out, but the only thing that it came up
with was "Range("Cell Address").Select".

Hopefully there is code that will accomplish this because the panes are not
frozen in the same place in every file we use.

Thanks for any help any one can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

While I am sure you did not intend the tone of your post to come across the
way it reads, you should be careful with your reponses. One day in the future
you may need Bob's help (he is a genius at VBA) and he may not be inclined to
lend a hand.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson