Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is this possible?

I have a spreadsheet with active columns from A6:X6. Active rows are up
to 10000.

I currently have the section linked and have made a sort macro. This
works well if the sheet is unprotected. But I will need to protect the
sheet in order for people to only enter data where I allow them to and
to protect the formulas in the other cells. With protection on, I
can't sort using the macro.

*Is it possible*: to write a macro that would select unprotect sheet,
type in the password DSKM, perform the alphabetical sort based on colum
B6, then reprotect the sheet using the same password? In other words,
unprotect the sheet only long enough for the sort and then reprotect
it.

JEN

--
neb
neb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17597

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please forgive my poor use of terms. I have the selection grouped, not
linked...sorry.

--
neb
neb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17597
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388414

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good afternoon Neb

This should certainly be possible. Put this line before the sort
routine:

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="DSKM"

and this line after the sort routine:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True, Password:="DSKM"

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow! Did you just make my life easier!

Many thanks.

JE

--
ne
neb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1759

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jen

You're welcome. Appreciate the feedback.

DominicB