Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copya and paste data pb

Hi,
I have an Exel 97 macro that has been working great .... since 1997.
Now we have updated to Excell 2003 it is no longer working correctly.

Basically it is jamming when I want to
copy data (12 columns and 7000 rows) from FileA.CSV and paste into
FileB.xls

The problem is that when the macros pastes in the (semicolon separated) data
from FileA.csv it doesn't get distributed into the cells.
How can I force that ?

Erasmus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Erasmus,

Add a line at the bottom of your sub like:

Range("A2", Range("A65536").End(xlUp)).TextToColumns _
Destination:=Range("A2"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
Semicolon:=True

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP