-   -   How do you look for quote marks? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334909-how-do-you-look-quote-marks.html)

ExcelMonkey

How do you look for quote marks?

Normally when you you pass a character to a variable character you pass it
within in quotes:

stringvar = "g" or
stringvar = "book"

How do you define a quote itself. So if I want to look for ", can I define
it as a quote character with actaul quotes (i.e. """) ?

stringvar = """

Thanks

moi

How do you look for quote marks?

Better is: stringvar = Chr(34)

"ExcelMonkey" schreef in bericht
Normally when you you pass a character to a variable character you pass it
within in quotes:

stringvar = "g" or
stringvar = "book"

How do you define a quote itself. So if I want to look for ", can I
define
it as a quote character with actaul quotes (i.e. """) ?

stringvar = """

Thanks

R.VENKATARAMAN

How do you look for quote marks?

is it not
char(34)

moi wrote in message
Better is: stringvar = Chr(34)

"ExcelMonkey" schreef in bericht
Normally when you you pass a character to a variable character you pass

it
within in quotes:

stringvar = "g" or
stringvar = "book"

How do you define a quote itself. So if I want to look for ", can I
define
it as a quote character with actaul quotes (i.e. """) ?

stringvar = """

Thanks

Damon Longworth

How do you look for quote marks?

Try:

stringvar = """"

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com