Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cross-footing in excel

Greetings,

Does excel accept multiple formulas for one cell? For example, I am
preparing my budget and my figures should agree both vertically and
horizontally. However, my horizontal calculation requires an absolute
calculation. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure exactly what you mean by multiple formulas - a cell can only show
one value; formulas would imply multiple results - unless you mean you want
to check two conditions and return a true/false answer or some sum or
difference based on them. The True/False option can use AND or OR conditions
and would look something like this:
=IF(AND(SUM(A1:A5)=0,SUM(A1:E1)=0),"OK","NOT OK")
You can adjust cell references as needed.
--
- K Dales

"sirsoto" wrote:

Greetings,

Does excel accept multiple formulas for one cell? For example, I am
preparing my budget and my figures should agree both vertically and
horizontally. However, my horizontal calculation requires an absolute
calculation. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should be able to add multiple formulas in a single cell until you
exceed the number of characters allowed in a single cell (I think that is
256)

Of course a lot depends on what you mean by "multiple formulas"
you can't enter =A1+B1 = C1+D1
but you can build an If statement
=If(A10, A1+B1, if(C10, C1+D1))

And you can include multiple functions in a single cell.

Of course there is the real tricky formula
="My sum = " & A1+B1 & "Your sum = " & C1+D1

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"sirsoto" wrote in message
Greetings,

Does excel accept multiple formulas for one cell? For example, I am
preparing my budget and my figures should agree both vertically and
horizontally. However, my horizontal calculation requires an absolute
calculation. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sirsoto

Here's how I do it: