Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trouble comparing to subtotals

I need to compare a subtotal value to each set of data for that group.
For example,

part # status $ amount

1002 Active 20.00
1002 Active 25.00
1002 Sold 40.00
1002 Sold 60.00
1003 Active 55.00
1003 Sold 60.00
1033 Sold 45.00

In other words, I need to find the avg price for the 1002 Solds. Then
I need to calculate the difference of that value to each one the 1002
Actives. This will be true for each part #. I don't know if I need to
use pivot tables or subtotals, etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... I need to figure this out
very badly for work. It would be a great help. If anyone has an
example of something similiar already in use, they can Email me at
.

--
jjonesrealtor
jjonesrealtor's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out using a Pivot Table
You can run totals by Part by Active/Sold

You can add calculation fields, or enter formulas in adjacent columns.
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"jjonesrealtor"
wrote in message
news:jjonesrealtor.1saemc_1121558703.7136@excelfor um-nospam.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

J,

This post has nothing to do with programming. Posting in more than one
group can waste responder's time, as they might work for quite a while, not
knowing it was answered in another group. I've answered in .misc
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"jjonesrealtor"
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using the data I have provided below, I am looking for a way to set up
pivot table or layout that I could use daily. I would have a raw lis
of data maybe 10,000 rows long and need a fairly quick way to comput
the avg for the solds and find the difference between that value an
the price for each one of the active rows

--
jjonesrealto
jjonesrealtor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2529