Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't delete macro

In Excel 2002 SP3 I would like to delete an old macro that has bee
copied through numerous revisions and copies of an old spreadsheet.
When I go into Tools, Macro, This Worksheet, and select the macro th
"delete" tab is qreyed out and not accessible. How do I delete thi
macro

--
Lra

Lram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...info&userid=23
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38765

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try going into the VBA and actually deleting the code or removing the
respective module.

--
speyry
speyry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25128

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I previously went into VBA and can identify the module. I didn't try t
delete the code. I did try to delete the module but couldn't access
commmand to do so

--
Lra

Lram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...info&userid=23
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38765

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBIDE, select the module, then FileRemove Module, and say no when it
asks to export.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lram" wrote in message

I previously went into VBA and can identify the module. I didn't try to
delete the code. I did try to delete the module but couldn't access a
commmand to do so.

--
Lram

Lram's Profile:

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=238
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387657

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alt + F11 to get to the VBIDE (the visual basic screen). Ctrl + R to get the
Project Explorer if it is not visible (This is the tree view showing all of
the spreadsheets). Then either follow Bob's instruction or right click on the
module and select remove. Once again chose No when asked about Exporting.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Lram" wrote in message

I previously went into VBA and can identify the module. I didn't try to
delete the code. I did try to delete the module but couldn't access a
commmand to do so.

--
Lram

Lram's Profile:

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=238
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387657

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to both of you. After the first reply I went looking again and
found the command to remove the module, and sucessfully did so. I
appreciate the additonal comments as I have learned more about the
structure.