Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default declaring Arrays to use in a Form with few modules

How can I declare an Array in a form that will function as "Public". Those
arrays values can be updated for every modules that is called when this form
runs.?

I have an example:

This array will be like:

ReDim ErrorValue(1 To Len(myVal)) As String

*I need it PUBLIC because those array values are going to be updated in each
of the following functions:

function check4code1()
€¦
frmCheckCells.ErrorValue(k) ="Type 1" 'for check4code1
€¦
end function

function check4code2()
€¦
frmCheckCells.ErrorValue(k) ="Type 2" 'for check4code2
€¦
end function

€¦.and More functions€¦.

if no error is found then ErrorValue will be €œ€

Then, at the end of the process. The form will have a result like this

Sub searchX()
€¦
lbltxtErrorFound=ErrorValue(0) + ErrorValue(1) +ErrorValue(2)€¦€¦
€¦.

End sub

Can it be the best option ?

Thanks

Coco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure I understand your problem exactly but... you could just
declare your variable at the top of a standard module, rather than in
the form.

Public ErrorValue() as string

Then, redimension it whenever the form loads:

ReDim ErrorValue(1 To Len(myVal)) As String

(I'm not clear what myVal is here.)

Gareth

coco wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suspect a collection would be better

in frmCheckCells. code module

Public Errors as New Collection

the following would change to
function check4code2()

frmCheckCells.Errors.add "Type 2","Type 2"

end function

Then

Sub SearchX()

lbltxtErrorFound = ""
For eacht strError in Errors
lbltxtErrorFound = lbltxtErrorFound+ strError
next strError

End sub

DM Unseen